Whimsical Cookery is a site for adults who prefer to eat like children, or perhaps just need to cook for some children. This site contains an aversion to vegetables, a love of fried food and cupcakes, lazy shortcuts, some disturbing creations, and an ignorance of proper culinary practices...

Friday 5 September 2014

Disgustingly Delicious: Pt. 2


Okay, so there is a part 2. Because I have no self control.

I've actually seen comedians mocking this on multiple TV shows. The Buffalo Crunch Donut by Tim Horton's is described as yeast-based doughnut drenched in buffalo-style chicken wing sauce and covered in kettle chips. There is also a lovely pool of buffalo sauce in the middle with two lonely tortilla chips floating around. I have to respect what they were going for, but I really can't imagine this actually tasting good...


 Oh Taco Bell, I have been putting Doritos in my tex mex for years.... Late to the party with this one.


 
Another disgustingly delicious food item I've actually tried. Yeah. I ate that. It happened. Damn you Pizza Hut!

I almost caved in and got The Cheesecake Factory's fried mac n cheese balls the last time I was in America, but perhaps, wisely, thought better of it. I mean, you can't eat that for lunch AND get cheesecake for dessert. Right? (photo from chubbyheart.com)

It would, of course, be a mistake not to go abroad in my search of disgustingly delicious food. This burger(?!) from Burger King in Japan fits the bill. Dubbed the 'Ninja Burger', its bun is made black with bamboo charcoal and inside is a burger, a hash brown, an oddly-shaped piece of bacon, lettuce, and a special sauce. I would love to get my hands on this!