We have a blender! Which can only mean one thing... soup! Err, well also smoothies. Two things. But in this case... soup! More specifically, an incredibly rich and filling curry spiced carrot soup.
You will need:
7 medium carrots
4 medium stalks of celery
1 medium white onion
5 cups water
5 chicken stock cubes
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 1/2 tsp curry medium curry powder
Pepper (season to taste)
1. Chop all vegetables into whatever size you suspect your blender is capable of handling.
2. In a large pot, heat oil and add curry powder and stir until aromatic. Do not allow to blacken.
3. Add your chopped veggies and cook in the curried oil for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice and 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add chicken stock cubes and stir.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for approx 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
6. Allow soup to cool until some of the oil has risen to the surface. Do your best to blot it away with a paper towel to get rid of some of the fat.
7. Blend! Add the mixture to the blender in workable amounts and puree.
Note: We served our soup with warm naan bread instead of our traditional crusty bread.
Yield: 6 servings