Whimsical Cookery is a site for adults who prefer to eat like children, or perhaps just need to cook for some children. This site contains an aversion to vegetables, a love of fried food and cupcakes, lazy shortcuts, some disturbing creations, and an ignorance of proper culinary practices...

Sunday 14 April 2013

Froot Loops: UK Vomit Edition



One of my biggest issues with homesickness when I moved to the UK in 2006 was experiencing an incredibly mild culture shock.  This mild culture shock has always been frustrating, because there are so many of the same products here as in the US... however, they are changed for the British market or ingredients... and I never realise this until after I've spent my money and had a big ole mouthful of vomit-based cereal (in the case of these Froot Loops).  So when you buy a big brand name expecting consistency of product and end up with something similar, yet different (or disgusting)... it's a bit upsetting.  Okay, fair enough.  I moved to England, that was my (amazing) choice and I can't stand when people moan about English food etc.  If you go to the right places or if you learn how to cook, you can eat incredible food.  Anyways, I digress.  The point of this entry was to say that this version of Froot Loops was honestly one of the worst cereals I've ever eaten.  Putting aside it's bland coloring and lack of sugar, they actually tasted a bit like vomit.  WHY?!  Well apparently there are sugar guidlines of some sort for breakfast cereals in England.  Which also explains why coco puffs literally taste like puffs with unsweetened milky cocoa powder sprinkled on them.  But really, if you're not going to do it properly Froot Loops, don't do it at all.  Harsh words for a cereal, I know.

Also bring back Kraft macaroni and cheese.

Also please make dark chocolate m&ms.