Whimsical Cookery is a site for adults who prefer to eat like children, or perhaps just need to cook for some children. This site contains an aversion to vegetables, a love of fried food and cupcakes, lazy shortcuts, some disturbing creations, and an ignorance of proper culinary practices...

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Tacos Verde with Chihuahua Cheese


I know that traditionally a green chili sauce would better suit enchiladas or perhaps a chimichanga, however I was adamant I was going to make soft white corn tacos while I was in America, as I am having a hard time locating this type of tortilla in London outside of restaurants. 

You will need PER 3 TACO SERVING:

3/4 cup cooked/browned ground beef per serving
1/2 cup chihuahua cheese
3 Tbsp sour cream
1 wedge of lime
3 (small) soft white corn tortillas
2/3 cup (green chili) verde sauce
  (RECIPE HERE or canned sauce works fine too)

I'm not sure what the point of writing up a step by step for this...so I shall keep it brief!

1. In each taco, spoon approx 3 Tbsp of sauce, 1/4 cup ground beef, and 2 Tbsp chihuahua cheese.  If you want warm tacos, now is the time to heat!  Then top with a sprinkle of lime juice and a dollop of sour cream.