I rarely post any appetizers, so I thought I'd share a recipe that is a take-off of the bacon pinwheels that my mom made for Christmas last year.
You will need:
3 medium check breasts
18 strips of uncooked crispy american-style bacon
9 water chestnuts
Approx 1/2 cup Teriyaki, General Tso's, or Orange Chicken sauce
(really most sweet and savory marinades will suffice!)
1. Cut chicken into thin strips. Place in a sealable plastic bag. Add teriyaki sauce and seal.
2. Allow to marinate 30 minutes, flip the bag over, and leave for another 30 minutes.
3. Once chicken is done marinating, wrap each strip around half of a water chestnut (do not worry if it does not go all the way around), and wrap a piece of bacon around that.
4. Secure it with a toothpick.
5. Place under the grill (on a low setting to allow even cooking) until bacon is brown and check that the chicken is heated. When the top starts to brown, flip each over. Raw bacon is a no-no.