Where does the quadruple come in? Devil's Food chocolate cake, chocolate biscuits, the biscuit's chocolate cream filling, and a hard chocolate shell on top. All topped off with a bit of whipped cream to cut through the intensity of the multiple layers of chocolate.
You will need:
12 chocolate cream sandwich cookies
1 recipe yielding 24 Devil's Food cake batter, prepared
300g Dark Baking Chocolate
500ml heavy whipping cream
5 Tbsp granulated sugar
1. Crush sandwich cookies into medium-large pieces
2. Prepare cake recipe according to instructions. Before spooning into cupcake holders, fold in crushed oreos.
3. Fill cupcake liners and bake according to the cake recipe's directions.
4. Once baked, allow cupcakes to cool and then place in refridgerator.
5. Prepare the topping by mixing the heavy whipping cream and sugar, beat on high until stiff. Set aside or place in piping bag.
6. Once cupcakes are cold to the touch, it is time to melt the chocolate. This can be done in a double boiler or in a small microwave-safe bowl. Break chocolate into small pieces and heat, careful not to overheat or the chocolate will seize.
7. Once chocolate has melted, remove cupcakes from refrigerated and dip the tops into the chocolate until completely covered. Allow chocolate to set at room temperature. However, once chocolate is semi-hardened, cupcakes can be refrigerated if your kitchen is too warm.
8. Top with whipped cream before serving.