Hot Orange Spice Mocha drinks are a nice way to keep warm when the temperatures are below freezing! Last night it was snowing so hard and so beautifully, it looked like a snow globe outside. What choice did I have but to make some sort of seasonal hot drink? This recipe is quite easy to make, though cleanup is a bit of hassle if you do not have a dish washer.
You will need:
2 cups water
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp whole cloves
1 stick of cinnamon
1/2 cup hot chocolate mix
1-2 Tbsp instant coffee granules (to taste)
1. In a saucepan, combine water, milk, cloves, cinnamon stick, hot chocolate mix, and coffee granules.
2. Grate the zest of 1 orange into the pan and then squeeze the juice from the orange into the mixture.
3. Bring to a gentle boil for 5-8 minutes and stir constantly on a low heat to prevent scorching.
4. Serve by pouring drink through a sieve.
5. Remove any milk skin that forms as it cools, as I would imagine most people don't enjoy drinking globby milk.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have cheesecloth, you may find it easier to put the cinnamon stick, cloves, and orange zest in the cheese cloth and make a little baggy out of it for easy removal (instead of serving it through a sieve).