1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp margarine
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp american-style yellow mustard
2 Tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
250g Double Gloucester cheese (2.5 cups shredded)
3/4 cup water
1 3/4 cup mini shell noodles
1. Cook noodles according to package directions
2. Grate cheese and set aside 1/2 cup.
3. In a saucepan, add water and dissolve cornstarch. Add salt, pepper, mustard, evaporated milk, milk, and butter. Stir constantly over a medium heat until sauce boils, letting it boil for about a minute.
4. Immediately stir in cheese, allowing it to melt. Top with remaining 1/2 cup.
5. Add cooked noodles to mixture.
6. Grease casserole dish and pour in macaroni and cheese.
7. Bake at 350F/180C for approx 20-25 minutes, less in fan-assisted ovens.