These biscuits are soft and savory. I found them to taste great with butter (and maybe sprinkled with a bit of sugar!) or with honey. They are also ideal for sneaking sweet potato into your diet!
1 large sweet potato
2 cups flour
5 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
2/4 cup milk
1. Wash and cook sweet potato (either bake or microwave for 6-7 minutes, poke with fork to vent)
2. Allow potato to cool and scoop out and mash insides. Measure out about 3/4 cup.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
4. Using a pastry blender (or two knives/forks), cut butter into dry mixture.
5. Mix in sweet potato and milk, careful not to overmix.
6. Roll dough out to about 1 inch height and cut out shapes using cookie cutters. The tops of glasses work well for this if you don't have any cookie cutters!
7. Bake at 400°F/200°C on a non-stick surface, greasing if necessary for around 10-12 minutes.