Whimsical Cookery is a site for adults who prefer to eat like children, or perhaps just need to cook for some children. This site contains an aversion to vegetables, a love of fried food and cupcakes, lazy shortcuts, some disturbing creations, and an ignorance of proper culinary practices...

Saturday 19 March 2011

Dessert Trash: Cookie Brownie Beast

So, you know when you're a busy student... and you're like 'I need something sweet... and I want to put off that paper...' Things like the Cookie Brownie Beast get invented.  I cannot take credit, as I'm almost certain this was invented by my dear ex-roomie.  It is cookie dough baked in brownie batter. 
I've since moved elsewhere and made this.  Turns out, my roomie and I were not sick sick individuals, but rather... onto something!  It was gone within hours.  Honestly, vulturous flatmates (just kidding, I adore them!) picked at the carcass of what was left even...
Anyways, my point is that if you're a poor student with little time and a monster sweet tooth:

You will need:
1 box brownie mix
1 box cookie mix
Ingredients necessary for their preparation

*I recommend that mixes that only require water, for extra trashyness.  Plus they are a smaller size, so you don't have to make two 'beasts'.  (Regular-sized mixes should yield two small pans).

1. Prepare brownie mix according to package and pour into one or two cake pans (depending on yield of batter, use your judgement as to whether it will all fit in one pan and cook evenly when cookie dough is added!!)

2. Prepare cookie mix according to package.

3. Drop cookie dough by large spoon-fulls into the brownie batter.

4. Press tin foil around the edges of the pan(s) so that the foil hangs over some of the 'beast', otherwise the edges will cook before the inside, almost-certainly.

5. Bake at whichever mix has the lowest temperature, for at least that amount of time.  Use a toothpick to check whether it is thoroughly cooked (or not, your choice, hehe).