Heart-Shaped BBQ Chicken Pizza
For toppings you will need (in this order):
Jar of pizza sauce (or make your own!)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
You will need:
1 packet quick rise-dry yeast
1 cup water
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1. Combine dry ingredients: salt, sugar, flour, and yeast in a medium bowl.
2. Heat water to 130 F, immediately add water (once heated) and oil. Stir until thick.
3. Turn dough onto floured surface, kneading for 5 minutes.
4. Return dough to bowl and cover with kitchen towel, let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Roll out dough, keeping in mind it will rise to nearly twice its height (mine are thick-crust).
6A. For heart-shaped pizza, there is no real trick. Simply (and carefully) traced the shape of a heart using a sharp knife.
6B. For mini pizzas, find a suitable-sized cookie cutter or makeshift circle to trace (upside down bowl or cup works fine as well). Place down on dough and cut around. Roll out scraps to form 1 last pizza.
7. Grease pan and arrange pizzas.
8. Use fork to poke holes in dough.
9. Cover with kitchen towel and let rest for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 F.
10. Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes. Be sure to have toppings ready.
11. Remove pizza crusts from oven, and cover with toppings.
12. Replace in oven, generally 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted or slightly browned.