I would venture to say that these are not necessarily for picky eaters. These Crab-topped Deviled Eggs are a party favorite. This recipe creates some aesthetically pleasing results while offering a slightly different take on classic deviled eggs by topping them lightly with wisps of crab meat. This recipe can obviously be made vegetarian by simply not adding the crab!
3 oz shredded crab meat
2 Tbsp mayo
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 Tbps Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
2 ½ tsp lemon juice
1. Place eggs in pot of water, making sure eggs are fully submerged. Bring water to a rolling boil, then remove pot from heat. Cover immediately and let stand for 24 minutes. After 24 minutes have passed, remove eggs from pot and place in cold water to end cooking.
2. Remove egg shells (try tapping on shells to get each egg started).
3. Cut the eggs down the center (lengthwise) with a sharp smooth knife.
4. Remove yolks and place in a medium-sized bowl. Mash with a fork.
5. Using an electric mixer, mix the yokes with the mayo, white vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and a pinch of pepper until smooth and creamy.
6. Spoon mixture into the center of the egg whites. Or, for a professional look, spoon mixture into a pastry bag (or a sturdy plastic bag with one of the tips cut off and pipe into the center of the egg whites.
7. Loosely drop pieces of crab on top. If crab is lumpy, cut into smaller thin strips. A tiny sprinkling of lemon juice brings out the flavor of the crab.
8. Dust eggs with paprika.