Chicken Tetrazzini is a savory and creamy noodle dish. This is the epitome of comfort food! I served it to my family last night, and they scarfed it down with kudos. This recipe should feed six, but they ate so much that this number was reduced to four!
You will need:
3 medium chicken breasts
3 1/2 cups flat noodles
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. black pepper
16 oz. jar mushrooms
3 cubes chicken bullion
1 1/4 cup sour cream
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/2 cups water
3 Tbsp. Sherry wine
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1. Boil the noodles until cooked and panfry the mushrooms in a bit of vegetable or light olive oil.
2. If possible, at the same time, cook the chicken (adding chicken and some water to a covered microwave dish for approx. 15 minutes on medium heat in the microwave works fine and is a quick method). Once chicken is finished, chop into pieces and set aside.
3. In a fairly large pot, combine soup, water, chicken bullion cubes, pepper, paprika, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, and sherry. Stir until mix is smooth and heated.
4. Combine all ingredients in a greased casserole dish and sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
5. Bake at 350 °F (approx 175 °C) for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with small bowl of breadcrumbs for added seasoning.